Recipe for the Paleo Banana Bread I made last Friday!
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted and some for greasing
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 5 super ripe - like black - bananas (this brings out the sweetness in them and makes them easier to mash!)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla paste (real vanilla beans mashed into a paste)
- 2 tablespoons honey (you may need more if bananas are not black as the older and blacker the bananas the sweeter they are!)
- handful of crushed walnuts
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius and grease a 20cm x 23 cm leaf time with coconut oil then line with baking paper
- In a large bowl combine coconut flour, almond meal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt mixing well
- Place 4 1/2 bananas in a bowl and mash throughly. Slice the remaining 1/2 banana and set aside.
- In another bowl whisk eggs, vanilla and honey then stir in mashed banana
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and stir through until combined.
- Add coconut oil and keep stirring until incorporated
- Spoon batter into loaf tin and spread evenly. Add banana and walnuts on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes then place foil cover over time to stop the top from burning
- Cook for another 45-50 minutes or until skewer insert comes out clean.
- Remove then let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve in slices!