Hearty Winter Warmer
This recipe is courtesy of my partner Trist, who I must admit does a lot of the cooking in our relationship! However, if you’re looking for a quick, healthy winter warming recipe this one is awesome!
Here's what everyone on social media has to say!
Now there are a lot of spices in this recipe but once your set up, it’s such an easy one to make time and time again!
Healthy Butter Chicken with Veggies!
120g Ghee or coconut oil
4 cloves garlic crushed
1-teaspoon garam masala
1-teaspoon ground cadamon
Pinch of cayenne pepper to taste
1-tablespoon tomato paste (organic, no additives)
1-teaspoon sea salt
2-tablespoons lemon juice
1 x400ml can coconut cream
500g Chicken mince
1 large onion diced
½ sweet potato diced
3 stalks spring onion diced
2 cups snow peas
2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1. Heat a dollop of coconut oil or ghee in a large saucepan on medium heat
- 2. Sauté onions for 3 minutes then turn the heat down and combine garlic and all spices.
- 3. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- 4. Then add lemon juice, salt, coconut cream and remainder of ghee/coconut oil.
- 5. Turn the heat up to medium and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- 6. Add chicken mince and separate covering it all with the sauce
- 7. In the mean time steam sweet potato, snow peas and mushroom
- 8. Add softened sweet potato to the sauce mixing well
- 9. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 10. Add the other vegetables throughout the 25 minutes. By the end chicken should be cooked through, veggies soft and sauce thickened.
Once you have tried this recipe once, it goes great with any vegetables you like! I personally would always keep the sweet potato as I think it makes it amazing, but feel free to try anything!
You can also try it with diced chicken breast, or with rice and veggies on the side. I like to have the veggies cooked in though so I know I’m getting all my nutrients!
It also loads so definately makes a great meal for lunch time